Post by Steve King (Admin) on Jun 1, 2014 12:04:27 GMT -6
Recently I was able to compare the 2 different Cornhole light brands on the market. The first, the original, has been around for quite some time and has always been a favorite of mine. Recently, a knock off version came on the market. It can be easily noticed by the extra eyelet for the screw around the hole. My findings are as follows:
1) The HoleLights.com brand takes a 9V battery and the knock-off brand takes 2 AA batteries. The battery pack on the original affixes with 2 screws to the board, where as the knock-off brand has peel-n-stick tape on the battery pack.
2) The knock-off brand is cheaper in cost by $10-$15.
3) The original brand is brighter and has, in my opinion, better LED light bulbs.
4) The knock-off brand had its clear plastic cover keep popping off. The original brand was firm affixed and non-removable.
5) The original comes with 5 screws. The knock-off comes with no screws, so you will have to supply your own.
So, though the knock-off is cheaper, it is dimmer and cheaper made than the original. You get what you pay for. Check out www.HoleLights.com today for the original lights.